Solutions Architect with a Software Company
About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists:
We are growing our consulting team again. You will own the discovery process, requirements gathering and resulting back-end solutions design and integration between numerous legacy enterprise registration systems.
Require Senior Solutions Architects, someone who has demonstrated Technical Leadership, someone with exceptional client-facing communications skills to extract requirements from the various stakeholders and persuade business stakeholders of the pros and cons of various new solutions. We require someone to bring expert-level skills with Java and/or C#.
Searching for both Permanent and Contract resources.
Why we’re a cool company
- Recent recipient of Employee Recommended Workplace Awards
- On the Branham300 List of Top Canadian ICT Companies, 3x in a row
- 2019 Globe and Mail’s Top Growing Companies
- 2019 finalist Timmy Awards for Best Tech Work Culture
- Headquarters in NE Oakville. Less than 1km from the QEW, walking distance to cafes and eateries.
If people only knew the great stuff we do here. – Unsolicited quote from team member
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against:
- Elicit and document tangible business objectives that can be mapped to technology solutions
- Meet with technical stakeholders to obtain a detailed understanding of existing capabilities
- Lead design meetings to draw out and clearly define development and implementation options
- Back-end solutions design and integration between legacy enterprise systems
- Working with sales team in a pre-sales technical capacity to advise prospects on technology selection and customization requirements
- Document technical solution approach for specific project features. e.g. API access, authentication flows, sequence diagrams, data models etc.
- Present technical strategies and methodologies to new clients
- Provide Technical mentorship to the development teams
- Develop relationships with clients, ensuring their business objectives are met
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- 7-10 years experience with Solution Architecture
- Excellent customer-facing communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Extensive working knowledge of current technologies, Cloud technologies, and computing architectures including Microservices architecture, Containerization, SOAP / RESTful service design and implementation
- Extensive working knowledge of Java and/or C#, SQL Server, DB Design
- Experience as a Technical Business Analyst or Sr. Developer / Team Lead
- Demonstrated experience analyzing business and technical requirements and solution design
- Technical degree in Computer Science or Engineering at University or College level
- Occasional travel to NE USA and Canada when deemed safe to do so
Connect with Us!
To learn more about this opportunity, the client, their culture, we invite you to share your resume with us via this job board or to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: Solutions Architect
Have a canned cover letter? Delete it. Tell us why you’re perfect for this opportunity and you’re virtually guaranteed an interview.
Please include your resume. We’re searching for GTHA persons only
- Solutions Architect (Perm & Contract) | Oakville - February 8, 2021
- .NET / C# Developer (Contract) | Oakville - December 10, 2020
- Python + Django Developer | Oakville - January 19, 2020
- Why Choose Halton Region for Your Business - September 19, 2019
- Leadership Lessons from Sports – Lesson Learned - June 21, 2019
- POST A JOB – www.HaltonTechJobs.com - March 2, 2018
- Moving Towards Agile Workforce Planning - January 17, 2018
- Why You Should Take a Recruiter’s Call - October 24, 2017