If your career goal is to build commercial applications from scratch vs maintaining pre-existing apps, then this role may be for you. Additionally, due to the nature of the business, you’re usually utilizing the latest tool sets and language versions keeping your skill sets current.
About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists.
They use open source development tools to build scalable solutions. They’re 15 year old growing firm with 150 people across 4 offices, including software engineers, business analysts/project managers, and creative talent delivering some really cool stuff. They own most projects entirely, sometimes they’re an extension of the client. 50%+ of their products can be found in an app store or publicly on-line.
Our work environment.
- Flex hours
- Role will be Remote for the foreseeable future, moving to Flexible Working Location when deemed safe to do so
- Full benefits package
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Gym Membership reimbursement (or virtually any physical health activity)
- Brand new modern office facing the QEW
- Office closes during the holidays
- Casual, yet professional environment
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against.
- Proactively collaborate with cross-functional teams to define & design of new Products, features and functionality (senior role)
- Full-stack coding, end-to-end delivery, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution
- Direct interaction with the client
- Provide effort estimates, planning out weekly sprints alongside 5-month objectives, while identifying and assisting in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before.
- HTML5 / CSS3 / / Bootstrap
- 5 years experience with open-source development and technology foundations, and a pragmatic approach to using the right tool for the job
- Successful track record of delivering projects, both individually and as a team member (hint: bring them to the interview!)
- Effective communication skills as you will be in regular contact with the client – great opportunity to further refine your communication skills
- Experience working in a Mac and Unix environment
- Experience creating and consuming third-party libraries, APIs and Web services
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Connect with Us!
To learn more about the client, their culture and the opportunity, we invite you to share your resume with us via this job board or to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: Full-stack JS/NodeJS
Have a canned cover letter? Delete it. Tell us why you’re perfect for this opportunity and you’re virtually guaranteed an interview.
Our client has exclusively engaged SearchVelocity to conduct this search on their behalf. We provide recruitment services to technology companies to identify and acquire high-value technology staff. We specialize in the complex assignments. Our principle Rick Stomphorst brings 25+ years of broad experience with software companies and IT professional consulting firms, more than 1/2 of these years as a hiring manager of Technical staff. He knows high-value talent. Learn more at www.searchvelocity.ca
- News Release: TechUnderTwenty TU20 Hired Event - April 22, 2022
- ReactJS + NodeJS Developers | REMOTE - March 29, 2021
- Technical Project Manager – Part Time - March 7, 2021
- Solutions Architect (Perm & Contract) | Oakville - February 8, 2021
- .NET / C# Developer (Contract) | Oakville - December 10, 2020
- Python + Django Developer | Oakville - January 19, 2020
- Why Choose Halton Region for Your Business - September 19, 2019
- Leadership Lessons from Sports – Lesson Learned - June 21, 2019