This year’s interview, is my first in my new series “The Leading Edge”. It’s with Remi Schmaltz, CEO and President of Decisive Farming. Our conversation covers emerging technologies being adopted by broadacre farms and farmers and why. You’ll learn about his company and the role it is playing in helping farmers be successful.
We also talk about Decisive Farming’s relationship with McRock Capital, their Canadian VC partner, and McRock’s IIoT Symposium taking place Jun 12, in Montreal, Canada.
Use the timeline to pick what you want to listen to
|00:00||Market: What is a broad acre farm and how big is the market? Where is Decisive Farming focusing today and in the near term?|
|02:50||Technology: How is technology solving key challenges for farmers and the agriculture market? What technologies are being used today? What challenges are farmers facing because of technologies?|
|07:50||Farmers: Are they innovators and early adopters of technology? What’s their mindset and approach to trying technology and eventually implementing it into their farm operations?|
|10:30||Decisive Farming: What’s the journey been like for you, your family and your company? Tell us more about your web platform My Farm Manager™ and the supportive mobile app Croptivity™ and the role they play in helping farmers be successful. How important is data and system integration.|
|16:43||Customers: What’s the typical farm client for Decisive Farmer? What are they like and how are you engaging with them to develop the market and acquire new customers? What are the key issues that you’re platform is addressing and delivering value to farmers?|
|24:00||McRock Capital & IIoT Symposium: How are they unique and what’s the relationship like with them as a funder? How are they different from other venture capital firms? What do you think about McRock’s IIoT Symposium? How is this annual event valuable to you and others that should attend?|
|30:18||Final Question: What advice would you give a new tech entrepreneur in order to improve her or his chances of success?|
Learn more about McRock Capital’s IIoT Symposium and take advantage of the early bird special before May 1/19.
Chris Herbert is the founder of Mi6. Mi6 is a B2B (Business to Business) marketing and business development agency dedicated to helping companies build their brands and develop commercial relationships. He is the founder of ProductCamp Toronto and the Hi-tech community Silicon Halton. He tweets under the handle @B2Bspecialist.
- Next Steps For Silicon Halton? - July 26, 2019
- IIoT Symposium 2019: Interview with Remi Schmaltz, Agtech Entrepreneur - April 1, 2019
- This Is Happening in Halton Region! - March 10, 2019
- Silicon Halton’s Tech Under Twenty Announces New Partners for Cup - February 28, 2019
- Microsoft Investing In Toronto and Affordable Housing - January 30, 2019
- Journal Update: Dec 3/2018 - December 3, 2018
- Weekly Journal for Week of Nov 11/18 - November 22, 2018
- Weekly Journal for Week of Nov 4/18 - November 13, 2018
- Chris’ Weekly Journal for Week of Oct 28/18 - November 4, 2018
- Chris’ Weekly Journal for Oct 14 to Oct 27/18 - October 27, 2018