Here’s my first installment in Silicon Halton’s conversation series. I’m interviewing people within the SH community and beyond. The topics and reasons for each interview will vary but the common goal is to help our members and the community to grow.
For us growth is a core part of what keeps the heart of the Silicon Halton community beating. We want you to grow through learning, grow your networks, grow professionally, grow your company and do everything possible to help the hi-tech industry grow in Halton region.
Silicon Halton, and my firm Mi6 Agency, are communications partners for the upcoming IIoT Symposium being produced by McRock Capital taking place on May 18, 2017 in Montreal, Canada.
McRock Capital, was the very first Venture Capital Firm and Fund in Canada and most likely the world, to be exclusively focused on the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) market. I’ve attended this event twice and will be covering it on behalf of Silicon Halton this year.
What’s very interesting about this event is how the McRock Capital team have brought together the right mix of stakeholders in the IIoT scene.
Large global enterprises: companies that provide market insights and are looking to invest, partner and go to market with IIoT startups
Entrepreneurs: emerging leaders and risk takers who are forging new paths in the IIoT space through their ideas, startups and passion
Funders: people and organizations that finance and fund IIoT ideas and startups
Subject Matter Experts: who can help you understand market challenges and opportunities and give you a view into the future of IIoT
Government orgs: those that support entrepreneurs to start and grow their business
And finally, there’s celebrities, music, comedy, food and networking as part of the socializing and entertainment that this event is known for. If you’re in the IIoT space I strongly recommend that you attend this event. To learn more about McRock Capital and the upcoming IIoT Symposium check out my interview with co-founder and Managing Director Whitney Rockley.
- Journal Update: Dec 3/2018 - December 3, 2018
- Weekly Journal for Week of Nov 11/18 - November 22, 2018
- Weekly Journal for Week of Nov 4/18 - November 13, 2018
- Chris’ Weekly Journal for Week of Oct 28/18 - November 4, 2018
- Chris’ Weekly Journal for Oct 14 to Oct 27/18 - October 27, 2018
- Chris’ Weekly Journal for Week of Oct 7/18 - October 23, 2018
- Chris’ Weekly Journal for Week of Sep 30/18 - October 8, 2018
- Chris’ Weekly Journal for Week of Sep 23/18 - October 1, 2018
- What is LPWan and LoRaWAN? A conversations with Sam Reid from Quaenet - September 27, 2018
- Chris’ Weekly Journal for Week of Sep 16/18 - September 24, 2018