The “network effect” is well established as a paradigm or model that creates success for companies and industries especially those in the technology sector. In fact, over the past 23 years, network effects have accounted for approximately 70% of value creation in tech [source]
“Networking” is a well established approach used by individuals wanting to establish connections and develop personal, professional and commercial relationships. [past year search] The number one asset you own that can appreciate in value is your professional network and if developed strategically will generate tremendous value for you and others.
At this meetup Chris Herbert will provide you with key insights, strategies and engagement activities that you can use to strategically develop your network both online and offline.
PRESENTATION and DEMO (45 minutes)
- Introduction of the types of value to use in building strategic relationships
- Real world examples on building connections online and offline
- Live demo showing how to use LinkedIn and Twitter to strategically network
- How to cheat the “Dunbar Effect”
NETWORK DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES (90 minutes)
There will be a series of cool, fun and productive ways to make connections both online and offline during this meetup. While these activities are optional we know you’ll find them highly productive and fun!
- Activity 1: “Ready, Set, Connect” moment – requires that you have a LinkedIn account and app. [LinkedIn mobile app download]
- Activity 2: Show of hands
- Activity 3: Networking Round Robins
- Activity 4: The GIve and Get exchange
The cost of this meetup is $10 and it’s limited to 50 people. Registration is required.
- 7:00 to 7:15 PM – Arrive and get comfortable | Welcome from Nancy Fornasiero [LinkedIn], Founder of ACE Coworking
- 7:15 to 8:00 PM – Presentation and Demo
- 8:00 to 9:30 PM – Network Development Activities
- 9:30 to 9:45 – Silicon Halton update and Open Floor
ABOUT THE MEETUP LEADER
Chris Herbert [Linkedin | Twitter] is a social entrepreneur. His current ventures are: Silicon Halton, Mi6 Agency and TechIgniters. He’s a former squash professional and passionate about helping entrepreneurs, technology companies and professionals achieve success. He’s a proud Canadian and plans to make Halton region the greatest place on the planet to live, work and play.
ABOUT ACE COWORKING
ACE Coworking is Oakville’s premier shared workspace. We are a dynamic community made up of a diverse group of growth-minded entrepreneurs, freelancers, consultants, small businesses, remote workers and start-ups. Located in beautiful downtown Oakville, steps from the lake, we offer Hot Desks, Dedicated Desks, Private Offices, Boardroom & Meeting Room rentals, Event Space and more.