Diverse IT is an inclusive, informative and supportive organization within the Silicon Halton community here for the purpose of empowering, encouraging and welcoming people from distinct backgrounds, cultures and experiences to participate, integrate and thrive professionally in Halton and beyond. We are here to engage, inform, enhance & connect people with people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Diverse IT will begin by offering monthly peer2peer meetings, professional development sessions and resources, followed by evolving and expanding options of member-driven topics & activities. We are here to act as a catalyst for inclusion and change; to help all people to achieve professional goals, increase awareness and create opportunities. Our mission is to create solid, cross-cultural and demographic networks to enhance all people; building the foundation for an even stronger, inclusive community in Halton.
Who is Diverse IT for?
- We welcome and include all people; particularly anyone who considers themselves to be unique, distinct or diverse technology professionals, enthusiasts or people interested in exploring the ICT field!
- People with Disabilities, Indigenous People, Newcomers, Mature Workers, LGBTQ ++
- Assistive Technology Solutions & Innovators – Businesses, Start-Ups, Products, Software, Apps +
- Inclusive Employers / Champions / Diversity & Inclusion Staff & Specialists
- Organizations – Supporting People from Diverse Populations
- Positive People & Advocates Interested in Diversity & Inclusion
NOTE: Taking a break – returning in 2020
Upcoming Events › Diverse IT Peer2Peer
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Diverse IT Peer2Peer. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.