System Administrator for Software Company
About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists
We are growing our team again. We are a software development company and as such are always pushing technology to the limit. We need someone to help us push.
Why we’re a cool company
- Recent recipient of Employee Recommended Workplace Awards
- Flex time, partial work-from-home
- Full benefit package from Day 1
- Monthly Social events
- Headquarters in NE Oakville
- Less than 1km from the QEW, walking distance to cafes and eateries.
If people only knew the great stuff we do here. – Unsolicited quote from team member
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against
- Provide first and second-level problem resolution of in-house servers, laptops, and cloud systems
- Perform day-to-day maintenance tasks
- Provisioning computers and resources
- Work closely with the DevOps team to provide appropriate monitoring mechanisms for deployed architectures
- Assist with analysis and design of new technology solutions
- Develop technology standards and specifications for use by systems administrators. Perform technology evaluations
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- Three years or relevant work experience as a Systems Administrator on a WAN virtual environment.
- Good knowledge with most recent Office 365, MS Windows server, Active Directory, Exchange server, SQL Server Reporting Services, Queries, SPs
- Experience with Microsoft Azure & AWS / Iaas / Saas platforms (Azure, O365)
- Good knowledge of network administration, TCP / IP protocols, Internet services (DNS, FTP, etc.), WAN, branch office interconnectivity
- Knowledge of backup and replication
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies and VMWare
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Customer-focused and service-oriented
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- MCSE, MCSA, CCNP certifications is an asset
Connect with Us!
To learn more about this opportunity, the client, their culture, we invite you to share your resume with us via this job board or to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: JAVA Developer
Have a canned cover letter? Delete it. Tell us why you’re perfect for this opportunity and you’re virtually guaranteed an interview.
About the Company
Our client is a software product company, custom software development and IT professional services firm, based in Oakville and offices in New York and Waterloo. They are on the Branham300 List of Top Canadian ICT Companies, three years in a row. Recently they have also ranked in the Growth500, Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for two years.
Please include your resume. We’re searching for local permanent resources only.
- DevOps Solutions Architect | Oakville - December 21, 2019
- System Administrator – Oakville - October 28, 2019
- Python / Django Full-Stack Developer & Designer | Oakville - October 20, 2019
- Why Choose Halton Region for Your Business - September 19, 2019
- Ruby on Rails Developer (Junior & Intermediate) | Oakville - August 24, 2019
- PHP Developer - July 30, 2019
- Leadership Lessons from Sports – Lesson Learned - June 21, 2019
- POST A JOB – www.HaltonTechJobs.com - March 2, 2018