This is a full-time position.
Weever Apps is a software company based in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. We build cloud-based software products that large enterprises use to capture data, manage workflows, and access actionable reports. We replace clipboards and filing cabinets with tablets and databases and provide alerts, analysis charts, and other features that make data useful. We’ve been around for a while, but we are still flexible enough to make changes if it makes sense.
Our customers include:
- General Electric
… and more! We tackle big problems with a small, focused team and powerful technology.
Our team is building a workflow application for use in regulated food and drug manufacturing.
The system allows users to define procedures and follow the execution of those procedures in near-real time as other users fill out forms and update their assigned tasks.
Ruby is one of the technologies we use and we are looking for additional developers to join this exciting project.
Please apply to join our team if at least two of the following apply to you:
- You have excellent communication and soft skills
- You enjoy working with Ruby or want to use it more!
- You have experience with deploying Ruby in production systems
- You have experience working with with regulated software
- You are familiar with _domain driven design_, _CQRS_, or _Event Sourcing_
- You are passionate about the problems we’re facing and have ideas on how to face them/p>
Benefits of Working at Weever
We put our teams first. A great team is given the autonomy and support to execute the plan and do their best work. We trust our teams.
In order to support you we offer:
- A remote-friendly culture: Communication is key and we have several team members that are working remotely with us full and part time.
- Training: Team members have access to a plethora of training materials, conferences, and we encourage pair-programming and mentor-ship.
- Insurance: For our Canadian employees we have a good benefits package offering dental, drugs, and other kinds of coverage.
- Vacations: Our team members must take them.
- Mobile Phone Plan: Don’t worry about it, we pay for it.
- Interesting Problems: Not all of the problems we encounter have frameworks or well-defined solutions. Own it and help us find the answers.
Our hiring process consists of four steps:
- Submit your resume, cover letter and a link to Github (or similar portfolio of your code) to https://weeverapps.com/jobs
- Initial call
- Technical Screen
- Final Interview
We start with an initial call in order to answer any initial questions you may have about us and to discuss your experience. The technical screen can be completed either in-person or remotely at your leisure. We don’t want to take up much of your time!
The in-person screen is prescriptive: write some code to make a suite of tests pass and should take less than an hour. The take-home is less prescriptive and designed to be a small, short project to be completed at your own pace within a few hours at most (or more if you need it, there are no hard limitations).
We use the results of the technical screen as a barometer for the final interview. We don’t do any whiteboarding or other hazing rituals in the final interview. We only use the technical screen to cater the technical depth of the final interview to your skill level.
We’re pretty quick to follow up, potentially with an offer, within a day or two of the final interview.
Of course we’re trying our best to be as inclusive as we can be and we prefer candidates from under-represented groups. We are a diverse group and we believe it gives us strength. If you have any requests or questions about our hiring practices we’d appreciate to hear from you. Happy to do anything we can to accommodate the situations of our applicants
When you join Weever Apps…
You’ll be a valued member of a talented team who is dedicated to the success of the company. You will have a unique opportunity to grow and learn with a rapidly expanding company. We value the innovation, ownership and creative thinking of the staff in all departments and how that can improve the company as a whole. Make your mark at Weever Apps!
- API QA Analyst | Undisclosed | Oakville - September 7, 2018
- Java Developer | alphaQuest | Oakville - September 4, 2018
- Senior NodeJS Developer | Weever Apps | Hamilton - August 23, 2018
- Senior Ruby on Rails Developer | Weever Apps | Hamilton - August 23, 2018
- Why Choose Halton Region for Your Business - August 2, 2018
- Frontend Web Developer | Weever Apps | Hamilton - July 10, 2018
- Digital Marketing Specialist | KingswaySoft - May 25, 2018
- Ruby on Rails Developer (Junior & Intermediate) | Spiria - May 3, 2018
- iOS Developer | Spiria - May 2, 2018