We are searching for a Full Stack Python / Django / MySQL Developer & Designer.
We are a Canadian company using our 20 years of experience to provide consulting services to businesses obtaining government funding.
Coupled with our services, we have developed a unique supporting suite of applications providing us with an unrivaled competitive advantage. Our application provides our clients with visibility into the very complex and hidden $14B data feed of open funding opportunities.
If your career goal is to own commercial applications then this role may be for you. Due to the nature of the business, you’re usually utilizing the latest tool sets and language versions with virtually no maintenance.
You will be working with the business to prioritize outstanding changes and build the product roadmap as we scale and expand internationally.
We provide full benefits in a casual, yet professional environment
About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists.
We are growing and need a professional software designer/developer to analyze, enhance, scale and maintain our custom SaaS solution.
You will lead a small team of data analysts. We offer full benefits in a casual, yet professional environment.
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against
- Proactively collaborate with cross-functional teams to define & design of new Products, features and functionality
- Full-stack coding, end-to-end design & delivery, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution
- Assess existing application suite and (if required) propose a technology roadmap
- Automate information gathering. Build a workflow driven survey application that integrates with our application suite
- Lead the development of programatically sourcing data, cleansing data, and integrating into our application
- Periodic Level 2 & 3 support
- Expanding the automation components gathering data
- Managing a small team of Data Analysts
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- 7-years+ years of experience in software development roles with open source technologies in a SaaS environment
- Backend: Python / Django and PHP / Laravel (or other PHP frameworks), NodeJS
- Frontend: Bootstrap, Sass, CSS, HTML, VueJS
- MySQL/PostgreSQL and data model design (logical & physical data models)
- Experience manipulating very large data sets (5T)
- IDE such as Pycharm (Python) and Phstorm
- HTML / XML parsers like Beautiful Soap
- Experience with NLP
- Alfresco and WordPress content management systems
- Experience with DevOps methodologies, CI/CD pipelines, Deploybot and Ansible
- Scaling applications
- Experience with DigitalOcean and managing VMs
- Experience with AWS S3
- Experiencing creating data integration solutions
- Experience with web scraping solutions
- Git code repository
- Good working knowledge DNS
- Effective communication skills
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Nice to haves
- Product Management experience, developing roadmaps and project plans
- Experience with ETL solutions
- PaaS experience
- Experience with Machine Learning and AI
Let’s Get to Work!
To learn more about the client, their culture and the opportunity, we invite you to share your resume with us via this job board or to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: Python
Have a canned cover letter? Delete it. Tell us why you’re perfect for this opportunity and you’re virtually guaranteed an interview.
We provide recruitment services to technology companies to identify and acquire high-value technology staff. We specialize in complex assignments, roles requiring multiple technologies, skills and/or business vertical knowledge, like this one.
We bring 25+ years of broad experience working in software companies and IT professional consulting firms as hiring management of Technical staff. We can help you find the right people.
Based in Halton Region, Ontario (GTA-West) we specialize on the staffing challenges of tech companies located in Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, Georgetown, Hamilton, Mississauga, Brampton and Toronto. Visit us at SearchVelocity.ca
Keywords: job, jobs, ReactJS, React Native, Halton, Oakville, Milton, Burlington, Hamilton, Mississauga
- Director, Customer Satisfaction (Support & Upsell Sales) | eBridge Connections - January 6, 2020
- DevOps Solutions Architect | Oakville - December 21, 2019
- System Administrator – Oakville - October 28, 2019
- Python / Django Full-Stack Developer & Designer | Oakville - October 20, 2019
- Why Choose Halton Region for Your Business - September 19, 2019
- Ruby on Rails Developer (Junior & Intermediate) | Oakville - August 24, 2019
- PHP Developer - July 30, 2019
- Leadership Lessons from Sports – Lesson Learned - June 21, 2019
- POST A JOB – www.HaltonTechJobs.com - March 2, 2018