Would you like the freedom to try new things, get creative, and leverage your highly effective, results-driven approach to visual branding, logo design, theme design, colour palette selection and UX/UI design
We continue to grow and are now adding a UX / Graphic Designer to our team. We’re searching for a self-starter who has a passion for visual brand development (logo design, theme design, etc.) coupled with designing engaging user experiences for our client’s and client’s products? We need a client-facing professional who factors in the “big picture” view rather than work based on tickets. We need someone who brings highly creative ideas to visual design engagements with our clients and has a thorough understanding of user-centered design methodologies. Perks Our work environment.
Our work environment
- Flexible working location when required
- Located in trendy ol’downtown area right beside a terrific coffee shop.
- Lots of eateries, specialty food shops and outdoor patios within a stone’s throw
- Walking distance to the GO station on Lakeshore West line which runs every 30 minutes
- We use Slack and other video conferencing tools to collaborate remotely alongside many other modern tools
- We have amazing clients who are fun to work with and appreciate our value to them
- We are the sole technology provider for several clients where we have been able to earn their trust and respect
- A breadth of experience exposure across several personalities, client types, projects, and industries
- Casual, yet professional environment
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against
- Visual branding: logo design, theme design, colour palette selection, application layout
- Own the UX design for every project assigned to you.
- New projects appear regularly Interview clients and stakeholders during discovery sessions and extract their ideas and vision for visual branding, and web/mobile digital products to create the best user experience possible
- Present digital creatives to client and iterate on them as feedback dictates
- Create web/mobile style guides including but not limited to color palettes, typography, component (e.g. form elements) look & feel
- Design wireframes, visual design, mockups, user workflows and experiences
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- 5-years visual design experience
- 3-years relevant experience designing
- SaaS software applications (web and mobile)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Strong visual eye for typography and visual layout
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision and/or other software that could be adopted into existing processes
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Visual design, UX design, psychology)
We like our Development both Rare and Well Done.
We're a custom software development company specializing in in mobile and web based product development. We use open source development tools to build scalable solutions. We're a 6+ year old growing firm with 25 people consisting of software engineers, business analysts/project managers, and creative talent delivering some really cool stuff. We own most projects entirely, sometimes we’re an extension of the client. 50%+ of the products can be found in an app store or publicly on-line.
Every two weeks we (you) show off our (your) work via demos for our clients. Our clients are from the Medical/Healthcare, Financial, Insurance, Retail, Marketing and Consumer Products industries. We’ve developed strong intimate relationships with our clients, differentiating us from the competition.
Not actors, actual staff, actual office
DevBBQ has exclusively engaged SearchVelocity to conduct this search on their behalf. We provide recruitment services to technology companies to identify and acquire high-value technology staff. We specialize in complex assignments. Our principal Rick Stomphorst brings 25+ years of broad experience with software companies and IT professional consulting firms, more than half of these years as a hiring manager of Technical staff. He knows high-value talent.
Keywords: visual design, user experience design, typography, design, psychology, color, log design, brand development, indesign, wireframing, mockups, style guides, color palette, colour palette, theme design, web designer, senior designer, web design, graphic design, job, jobs, Halton, Oakville, Milton, Burlington, Hamilton, Mississauga