If your career goal is to build commercial applications from-scratch vs maintaining pre-existing apps written by someone else, then this role may be for you.
We're growning and adding another Front-End developer.
We like our Development both Rare and Well Done.
We're a custom software development company specializing in in mobile and web based product development. We use open source development tools to build scalable solutions. We're a 5+ year old growing firm with 15 software engineers, business analysts/project managers, and creative talent delivering some really cool stuff. We own most projects entirely, sometimes we’re an extension of the client. 50%+ of the products can be found in an app store or publicly on-line.
Every two weeks we (you) show off our (your) work via demos for our clients. Our clients are from the Medical/Healthcare, Financial, Insurance, Retail, Marketing and Consumer Products industries. We’ve developed strong intimate relationships with our clients, differentiating us from the competition.
- Flex-hours for in-office days
- We offer flexible working location when required
- Located in trendy ol’downtown area right beside a terrific coffee shop. Lots of eateries and outdoor patios within a stone’s throw
- Often have Lunch & Learns where one of our team members will show off the cool projects they’re working on, whether it’s a client project or a personal project
- We extensively use Slack and Google Hangouts to collaborate remotely
- We have amazing clients who are cool to work with
- Casual, yet professional environment
Not actors, actual staff, actual office
- Proactively collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, full-stack coding of new features and functionality
- End-to-end delivery, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution
- Direct interaction with the client
- Provide effort estimates, planning out weekly sprints alongside 5 month objectives, while identifying and assisting in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
Experience & Background
- ReactJS or React Native
- Not allergic to Apple and Linux platforms
- 3-years experience with open-source development and technology foundations, and a pragmatic approach to using the right tool for the job
- 3+ years of experience in software development roles
- Successful track record of delivering projects, both individually and as a team member (hint: bring them to the interview!)
- Ruby (nice to have)
- Git, or similar source code control systems
- Effective communication skills as you will be in regular contact with the client – great opportunity to further refine your person/people skills
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Spiria has exclusively engaged SearchVelocity to conduct this search on their behalf. We provide recruitment services to technology companies to identify and acquire high-value technology staff. We specialize in complex assignments. Our principal Rick Stomphorst brings 25+ years of broad experience with software companies and IT professional consulting firms, more than half of these years as a hiring manager of Technical staff. He knows high-value talent.