If your career goal is to
- Build commercial applications-from-scratch vs. maintaining preexisting apps
- Grow your skills in SWIFT
then this role may be for you.
About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists.
We continue to grow and are now adding another Senior iOS Developer to our Oakville team. Full-time (Permanent) or Contract.
We’re a custom software development company specializing in mobile and web-based product development. We use open source development tools to build scalable solutions. We’re a 15-year old growing firm with 140 staff between our Montreal head-office, Ottawa-Gatineau, Oakville and Boston offices. Our Oakville office has 25+ software engineers, business analysts/project managers, and creative talent delivering some really cool stuff. We own some projects entirely, sometimes we’re an extension of the client’s team. 50%+ of our products can be found in an app store or publicly on-line.
Our work environment.
- Flex hours
- Flexible working location when required
- Full benefits package
- We use team collaboration and other video conferencing tools to collaborate remotely alongside many other modern tools
- We have amazing clients who are fun to work with and appreciate our value to them
- We are the sole technology provider for several clients where we have been able to earn their trust and respect
- A breadth of experience exposure across several personalities, client types, projects, and industries
- Casual, yet professional environment
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against.
- Developing in SWIFT
- Working on a new app every 4-5 months
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, full-stack coding of new features and functionality
- End-to-end delivery, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution
- Potential direct interaction with the client
- Providing effort estimates, planning out weekly sprits alongside 5 month objectives, while identifying and assisting in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before.
- 3+ years of Objective-C and SWIFT
- 3+ years of experience in software development roles
- Successful track record of delivering projects, both individually and as a team member (hint: bring them to the interview!)
- Should have published applications on the Apple Store
- Git, or similar source code control systems
- Agile Scrum environment
- Effective communication skills as you will be in regular contact with the client – great opportunity to further refine your person/people skills
- Experience implementing third-party libraries, APIs and Web services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Additionally Desired Experience (or you can learn them with us!)
- Experience in Video and media based development projects
- Ionic HTML5 Hybrid Mobile App Framework / PhoneGap
- Some experience with open-source development and technology foundations besides iOS (e.g. Android, web development, etc.) and a pragmatic approach to using the right tool for the job
- HTML5 / CSS / SASS development based on both hand-drawn wireframes and/or full Photoshop design intent
- SSH/Linux server administration experience
Connect with Us!
To learn more about the client, their culture and the opportunity, we invite you to share your resume with us via this job board or to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: iOS
Have a canned cover letter? Delete it. Tell us why you’re perfect for this opportunity and you’re virtually guaranteed an interview.
Our client has exclusively engaged SearchVelocity to conduct this search on their behalf. We provide recruitment services to technology companies to identify and acquire high-value technology staff. We specialize in the complex assignments. Our principle Rick Stomphorst brings 25+ years of broad experience with software companies and IT professional consulting firms, more than 1/2 of these years as a hiring manager of Technical staff. He knows high-value talent. Learn more at www.searchvelocity.ca
Keywords: job, jobs, Mac, OS X, X-code, XCode, iOS SDK, Firebase, Android, Xamarin, mobile, tablet, Ruby, Rails, RoR, AngularJS, MongoDB, NoSQL, Native iOS, Ionic, PhoneGap, HTML5, NodeJS, Halton, Oakville, Milton, Burlington, Hamilton, Mississauga
- Leadership Lessons from Sports – Lesson Learned - June 21, 2019
- Why Choose Halton Region for Your Business - April 4, 2019
- Backend QA Analyst | Undisclosed | Oakville - November 7, 2018
- Digital Marketing Specialist | KingswaySoft - November 3, 2018
- Ruby on Rails Developer (Junior & Intermediate) | Spiria - October 24, 2018
- Python Developer | Spiria - October 4, 2018
- iOS Developer | Spiria - September 2, 2018
- POST A JOB – www.HaltonTechJobs.com - March 2, 2018
- Moving Towards Agile Workforce Planning - January 17, 2018
- Why You Should Take a Recruiter’s Call - October 24, 2017