DevOps is taking the world by a storm, however, not all DevOps roles are equal. If you want to play in multiple Fortune 100 sized sandboxes, then this is the DevOps opportunity for you.
About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists
Within Fortune 100 companies, virtually every production application was built and is maintained using the traditional waterfall SDLC practices. Working alongside our key partner Chef, we’re helping these Fortune 100 companies (primarily 10,000+ sized firms) transform these environments into a continuous integration DevOps / Agile infrastructure.
We’re looking for a developer ready to transform how Fortune 100 companies deploy and manage their production software application environments. You will own, lead and guide enterprise technology teams through a Waterfall to DevOps / Agile transformation. You and nurture them to embrace the CI/CD transformation.
You will provide technical direction, deliver workshops, guidance, advocate, mentoring, and coaching. You will bridge the gap between technology and the business. Ultimately helping the customer to become self-sufficient enabling them to transform future projects.
This is primarily a software development role.
What’s in it for You?
- Professional Growth and recognition. We’ve doubled from 40 to 80 professionals in less than 2 years. Be part of that growth.
- You will be on the leading edge of software development and DevOps / Agile transformation projects for Fortune 100 companies
- Immediate Chef and Hashicorp training to gain your Certification with their tools
- Potential to deliver presentations at Chef.io conferences
- Recent recipient of Employee Recommended Workplace Awards.
- On the Branham300 List of Top Canadian ICT Companies, 3x in a row.
- Headquarters in NE Oakville. Less than 1km from Hwy 403, walking distance to cafes and eateries.
- Flexibility to work from home when you want
- Flex time
- Full benefit package from Day 1
- Monthly Socials
- Work Phone of your choosing
- New branch office in NY, NY
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against
- Develop and apply consistent, standardized build and deployment processes, and implement continue integration / continuous delivery
- You will lead proof-of-concept projects and DevOps / Agile transformation projects
- You take a strong technical lead in managing the day-to-day delivery of the transformation projects, coordinating with the client’s technical resources and your technical resources (but you’re not the PM)
- Assist with the installation and configuration of Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Gathering requirements
- Must be able to travel 25% unrestricted to the USA, predominately to North-East or Midwestern states
- We also require an Intermediate level resource. The role is similar, however, not leading the project, less client interaction and less travel
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- Overall 10+ years of software development and release engineering experience
- Agile and SDLC methodologies. MUST HAVE.
- Optimization of Software Delivery Pipelines through automation and lean techniques
- Expert with infrastructure automation tools such as Chef (preferred) or Puppet, Ansible, including Chef tools including Automat, Inspec, Habitat, and Kitchen
- Experience writing infrastructure code for cloud environments such as AWS
- Ruby on Rails in a Test Driven development environment (highly preferred) or Python or Perl.
- Experience with Container technologies like Docker or Kubernetes (highly preferred)
- Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins (preferred), Concourse (concourse-ci.org) or Travis CI (travis-ci.org) (nice-to-have)
- Strong scripting experience in Linux environments
- Strong scripting/development knowledge with Ruby (preferred), Bash, Python or Perl
- Bash or Powershell
- Linux, Windows Server OS
- Cloud infrastructures such as IBM Cloud (formerly Bluemix), AWS (and EC2 or S3), Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform, VMware with VRA and VMO
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) as this is a customer facing role (for senior position)
BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
Other Experiences that would make you stand above the crowd
- PCI, HIPPA, SOX 404
- Continual Compliancy tools such as Chef Inspec
- Automated Build experience and tools such as Chef Habitat, Make or Maven
- Artifact Repository tools such as Sonatype Nexus or Jfrog Artifactory
- Hashicorp Vault, Terraform (or NewRelic) & Consul (or CyberArk)
- Test Driven development tools such as Chef Kitchen, JUnit, Selenium
Sound like you? Send your resume to email@example.com now!
Please include your resume.
About the Company
Our client is a custom software development and IT professional services firm. They’re tearing down silos from development to IT by helping companies move to a DevOps / Agile production environment.
They are part of today’s fastest-growing areas in the IT industry: DevOps, big data and analytics, and secure workflow management. They are Canadian company based in Oakville.
In 2017, they were recognized as one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by Profit 500, a Top ICT Company by Branham and received the Excellence Award in Quality Improvement from PBMI.
Sent your resume to Rick@SearchVelocity.ca
#Keywords: CI/CD, DevSecOps, maven, Secret Storage, Ansible / Puppet, IaaS, Infrastructure as a Service, PaaS, Apache, IaC, Infrastructure as Code, IaaC, Infrastructure as a Code, bamboo, Swarm, Nomad, Deadpool 2
- DevOps Solutions Architect | Oakville - December 21, 2019
- System Administrator – Oakville - October 28, 2019
- Python / Django Full-Stack Developer & Designer | Oakville - October 20, 2019
- Why Choose Halton Region for Your Business - September 19, 2019
- Ruby on Rails Developer (Junior & Intermediate) | Oakville - August 24, 2019
- PHP Developer - July 30, 2019
- Leadership Lessons from Sports – Lesson Learned - June 21, 2019
- POST A JOB – www.HaltonTechJobs.com - March 2, 2018