Social Media for Small Business – LinkedIn
April 28 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Did you know that:
- 77% of consumers are more likely to buy from brands they follow on social
- 84% of C-level and VP-level buyers are influenced by social media when purchasing
The MEV Innovation Centre in Milton and Silicon Halton have launched a free series of seminars to help small business owners understand the power of social media in their marketing strategies. The series will take an in depth look at the capabilities of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn for business and give you an opportunity to learn from local experts and network with your fellow entrepreneurs to drive tangible results for your business.
This Month’s Topic: LinkedIn
Social media is noisy, distracting and frustrating. Some business owners consider it a waste of time. Yet, these platforms remain popular among consumers and potentially the markets and customers you serve. LinkedIn, now owned by Microsoft, is the social network of choice for professionals to connect for a host of reasons… too many to list here!
But, is LinkedIn a viable channel for business owners?
In this introductory session the small business owner will learn the better way to use LinkedIn to build their professional network and generate awareness and leads for their business. Real world strategies and examples will be shared on how to use LinkedIn to learn, connect and engage with people on LinkedIn.
What you will learn:
- Your LinkedIn profile.. what to say, what to include and what to avoid
- To connect or not to connect that is the question. When to use a personal invitation and when not. What happens if someone says no or ignores you?
- Building, protecting and monitoring your network productively
- How to use your LinkedIn feed to engage with people important to you and your business
- Why having a company page matters and when to have one
Lot’s of time will be set aside for Q&A and for hands on experimentation on LinkedIn. Follow along on Chris’ screen or bring your lap top.
>> Registration Opening Soon!
About the presenter:
Chris Herbert is the Managing Partner of Mi6 Agency and cofounder of Silicon Halton. He is a digital marketing specialist and network and community developer. He’s currently working on a new social venture called The Artistics Collective.
- April 28
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Social Media Training