- This event has passed.
Social Media for Small Business – Instagram
February 25 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Did you know that:
- 77% of consumers are more likely to buy from brands they follow on social
- 84% of C-level and VP-level buyers are influenced by social media when purchasing
The MEV Innovation Centre in Milton and Silicon Halton have launched a free series of seminars to help small business owners understand the power of social media in their marketing strategies. The series will take an in depth look at the capabilities of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn for business and give you an opportunity to learn from local experts and network with your fellow entrepreneurs to drive tangible results for your business.
This Month’s Topic: Instagram
Instagram isn’t just about sharing pretty pictures of your dog or latest vacation. Make the most of this powerful tool to help tell the story of your business and how you can help customers!
What we will cover:
- how to determine the best content for your Instagram feed
- how to create a mix of images and calls to action
- how to time posts to generate interest in upcoming sales or events
- how to engage in the conversation on Instagram (so important!)
- ways to create advocates and influencers to help pump up your brand
- the importance of a content calendar in your overall social media strategy
BONUS: The Instagram for Small Business Presentation Deck (Thanks Teresa!)
About the presenter:
Teresa Baerg is a communications professional with over six years of experience as the Content & Community Manager for six snapd newspapers. Her role involved the creation, management and growth of Instagram accounts for each of the papers. Additionally, as a freelancer, she manages and creates content for a variety of Instagram business pages, as well as her own personal accounts. Whether she is creating blog content, writing a magazine article, editing, or covering a live event, she is a storyteller at heart and believes in the power of authentic story to change lives. Your story matters and Teresa can help you tell yours!
- February 25
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Social Media Training
April 28 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm