Meetup #123 – The Technology Behind The Weather
September 29 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm$12
Learn how Pelmorex Corp., (The Weather Network) continuously delivers Weather observations and forecasts to 60+ million users across the world. This event will highlight the different technologies and processes in place at The Weather Network to continue to deliver Canada’s #1 weather forecasts. The Weather Network app is among the top 5 apps used in Canada. By joining us you will gain insight and appreciation for how weather data is collected, processed, and presented.
This meetup will kick-off a series for the Silicon Halton Software Peer2Peer group – a series that will dive into details of a selection of weather technologies.
Who Should Attend
This Meetup will contain high-level content that non-technical people will gain value from.
- The Pelmorex Weather Factory (where weather data comes from, and what is done with it)
- How data is distributed in a highly scalable model
- Client Platform Overviews, including telemetry and monitoring
- Fundamentals of automation in development processes (Continuous Integration and Pipelines / DevOps)
- Matt Mejaski, Director, Apps & Web Development, Pelmorex Corp. [LinkedIn]
- Anne Steptoe, Director, Software Infrastructure & Quality, Pelmorex Corp. [LinkedIn]
- Nikita Zolotarev, Manager, Developers in Test, Pelmorex Corp. [LinkedIn]
- Fernando Toro, Manager, Apps & Web, Pelmorex Corp. [LinkedIn]
Online. Details provided via registration