- This event has passed.
Meetup #114 – Update to Trademark & Design Law
May 14, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm$10
Trademark and Industrial Design Law Changes
Trademarks and industrial designs are two powerful forms of intellectual property protection. Join us as we discuss recent developments, practical strategies and best practices with Bereskin & Parr’s Mina Chana and Matthew Graff. This session will cover:
- Understanding trademarks – the Basics
- Upcoming changes to Canada’s Trademark regime (coming in to force June 17, 2019)
- Enforcement strategies
- Trademark protection in Canada and abroad
- Design protection basics and recent updates to Canadian law
- The Hague System for international registration
- Design protection for GUIs
As a leading Canadian IP firm with extensive experience in all aspects of intellectual property, Bereskin & Parr has become renowned in Canada and internationally for their work and specialized expertise.
Federal and Provincial Budgets
The recent Federal and Provincial Budgets outlined changes that will affect Canadian privately controlled businesses. Get a practical analysis of changes to business, taxation and other measures that could affect your business with Greg Clarke from SB Partners, a proud sponsor of Silicon Halton and the accounting firm of choice for private business owners.