- This event has passed.
Meetup #110 – Diverse IT Launch
January 8 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm$10
Diverse populations, inclusive of people with disabilities and other perceived barriers, offer a variety of experience, backgrounds, perspectives and problem-solving abilities. Most importantly they form an often-overlooked talent pool which has proven to succeed when properly engaged, integrated and included into businesses as employees, entrepreneurs and leaders.
Technology Makes Things Possible
For people without disabilities, technology makes things easier. For people with disabilities, technology makes things possible. Join us on January 8th, 2019 at Milton Education Village Innovation Center to learn more about:
- The business case and positive impact of diverse & disability inclusive business environments
- Assistive, disruptive technology including introductory product demonstrations
- Equipping people with disabilities, and other diverse barriers to employment to tap into their full potential to achieve life and career goals
- The landscape of supportive, innovative technology – now & in the future
- Autism Life Path / Job Club including meeting talented, diverse professionals from our community
- Finally – this meetup will be the official launching event for Silicon Halton’s Diverse IT Peer2Peer – beginning January 31, 2019
- Kim Neale, Distinct Ability
- Noel Martel, Diverse IT
- Harrison Olajos, UP 360 Virtual Reality
- Maralyn Ellis, Autism Life Path