- This event has passed.
Meetup #109 – Holiday Social & Networking
December 11, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$10
Celebrate The 2018 Holiday Season
Join us on December 11 at BRU Restaurant in downtown Oakville as we celebrate the end of another great Silicon Halton year. Come out and have some fun, meet a whole bunch of great people in our tech community, and find people you may want to do business with in the future. We’re going to start this meetup a little earlier at 6:30 pm – as we’d like to encourage you to come try great menu at BRU.
Slow Networking – Find Some Things In Common!
Because we all build business relationships with people when we find things in common and this builds trust, our networking session will be focused on finding 5 things people have in common. During three minutes of conversation with each person, you’ll be asking each other questions to find out what you have in common. For example:
- One thing in common related to business – examples – a client, a business model, software you use
- One thing in common that makes you highly productive – examples – a process, a habit, an app
- One thing in common related to what you’d like to learn in 2019 – examples – new technology, new skill, new craft
- One thing in common related to family – examples – sports you play, where your kids go to school, favourite restaurants
- One thing in common related to whatever else you want to discuss
Look forward to getting to know everyone better!