- This event has passed.
New European Data Protection Laws Impacts to your Canadian Company
November 13 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am$10
The new European Data Protection Law, GDPR, came into effect in May 25, 2018. Fines for failure to comply are significant – 4% of a company’s worldwide revenue.
First ever violation notice has been issued – against a Canadian data analytics firm.
The Canadian company faces a possible $23.5M fine. Don’t let this be you.
Worried about what GDPR means to your organization? Asking yourself “what is GDPR?” Trying to figure out what steps you need to take and the effort involved?
From the Cambridge Analytica and Facebook data scandal, personal data and privacy discussions are a trending topic this year.
The General Data Protection Regulation purpose is to strengthen the protection of personal data, and create a set of ‘data rights’ for European Union residents.
Join this seminar on Tuesday November 13, 2018 @ 9am to explore GDPR. Breakfast provided.
GDPR Crash Course
- What is GDPR and how does it affect Canadian companies?
Personal Data and its Extended Scope with GDPR
- How does GDPR define personal data? Are you taking all personal data into account?
Risk Assessment and Data Protection Risk Assessment
- What are these assessments? How can I use them to assess and detect risks?
Understanding GDPR’s Requirement of Data Protection by Design and Default.
- What does it mean to have data security by design and security by default?
Starting a GDPR Project
- Should I start a GDPR project right away and what is the effort involved?
GDPR Compliant Business Processes
- What should I operationalize and embed into my processes and what stakeholders will be involved?
We will also review a real-world use case where Indellient helped IBM ensure one of their largest programs was GDPR compliant.