- This event has passed.
Meetup #111 – Agile 18 Years Later | What’s Changed?
February 12, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm$10
NOTICE: Switched to a VIRTUAL meetup due to today’s Snow + Ice Storm (how “Agile” of us!)
Registered attendees have been emailed with the instructions (Tuesday Feb 12, 11am)
When the manifesto was created in 2001, Agile was called a movement. There were a few books, no conferences, user groups and millions of bloggers writing about it. Today, Agile is a business model and now there are thousands of books, conferences, and user groups all spouting conflicting messages about what Agile is.
8 years ago, Jason Little presented Agile 101 – Business Agility at Silicon Halton Meetup #20. We’re excited to have Jason bring his wisdom and expertise to Silicon Halton again.
In this interactive meetup, Jason will:
- revisit the foundation of why and how Agile came to be
- strip away the buzzwords and noise that cause confusion in Agile
- what has changed since the agile manifesto – and why it still matters
You will learn:
- how agile has evolved from a simple set of values and principles to a global business model (for better or worse!)
- what’s the latest trend in agile
- how the mainstream business world realized agile isn’t limited to IT
Jason Little – AgileCoach.ca
Jason helps organizations discover more effective practices for managing work and people. Jason is also the author of a new book called Lean Change Management: Innovative Practices for Managing Organizational Change