You’re happy in your job. The calls, emails or LinkedIn messages are annoying. However, imagine if you are not receiving calls? If you’re not, your skills are no longer required, or they’re hidden and you cannot be found.
Before dismissing a call outright, consider these salient reasons why you should at least consider the new opportunity. Your career deserves the 45 seconds to read these.
- You have the time to investigate and qualify the new opportunity and company to determine if it will help you grow professionally.
- This is the best time in your career to take your successes and accomplishments to test what they’re worth to another company.
- Opportunities appear more attractive than they really are when you’re currently unsatisfied in your role or company.
- You are more likely to settle for a lesser position or salary when you are unhappy, than they would have if they were satisfied in their current role.
- In today’s corporate world, the only job security you have is the security you provide for yourself.
- There is no better time to objectively evaluate an opportunity and company, with a clear mind, without any negative outside influences or external pressures (e.g. if you have just been restructured out and need a job now).
- Actively looking for a job can be a full-time job itself and can also be also be very stressful to you and your family. People who get ahead don’t wait until there is something that they don’t like in their current role to have an open mind. They are proactive and keep their options open.
Abbrieviated from a post by Jerry Land. Read the full article here.
- Why Choose Halton Region for Your Business - April 4, 2019
- Backend QA Analyst | Undisclosed | Oakville - November 7, 2018
- Digital Marketing Specialist | KingswaySoft - November 3, 2018
- Ruby on Rails Developer (Junior & Intermediate) | Spiria - October 24, 2018
- Python Developer | Spiria - October 4, 2018
- iOS Developer | Spiria - September 2, 2018
- POST A JOB – www.HaltonTechJobs.com - March 2, 2018
- Moving Towards Agile Workforce Planning - January 17, 2018
- Why You Should Take a Recruiter’s Call - October 24, 2017
- The Pros of Processes and Procedures - August 14, 2015