Do you have a workshop you would like to deliver but don’t know where to begin? Would your workshop add value to the Halton hi tech community? Does your topic fall under the three pillars of Silicon Halton: Community, Technology & Growth? If so, then Silicon Halton wants to empower you in delivering your workshop.
Silicon Halton is targeting a highly distributed model of programs to address the needs of our hi tech community. A model where you own your workshop. You’re the specialist, you understand the challenge and the solution. This model will give Silicon Halton the ability to do more, do it better, and have lasting solutions.
Find scheduled workshops on the events page.
Silicon Halton wants to leverage the bounty of talent found in Halton Region. We also want to professionally enrich the members of Silicon Halton and anyone else who would like to attend your workshop. If you have a workshop you would like to deliver, but don’t know where to start or if you could attract enough people, Silicon Halton wants to help.
Your workshop could be 90min, ½ day, full-day, multiple days, and/or a series of workshops. You decide. Want food or refreshments served? You decide. Want to include the cost of food or refreshments in the ticket price or not? You decide. Where will your workshop be? You’re in control (we can help you source a location).
Branding / Naming
You decide the name of your workshop. Silicon Halton asks only that the workshop to be branded “Silicon Halton”. All the street creds, glory, rights and privileges therein remain yours. We want the community to know that this is your workshop.
The proposed branding format is: Silicon Halton <workshop name> Workshop
Examples of past Silicon Halton workshops:
Converting Opportunities into Deals sales workshops (here)
Pitch Camp Breakfast (here)
The Influencers Mantra Workshop (here)
Another option is to include your company name in the branding message.
What Silicon Halton will do?
We will promote your workshop to our 900 members and to the community at large.
- Apply our Monthly-Meetup Social Media Promotion plan to your workshop.
- Post your pre-workshop blog on the Silicon Halton site, categorized under “Events”
- List the workshop in the Event’s Calendar here: (here)
- Post your workshop, if you already haven’t done so, in the Silicon Halton LinkedIn group
- Regularly tweet your event Broadcast the workshop at preceding monthly meetups (as many events as the schedule permits) – you may provide a slide for the meetup’s slidedeck.
- Create an Eventbrite event for registrations and payment (if needed)
Following the workshop, we may create a legacy by:
- Posting your slidedeck in the Silicon Halton Slideshare account
- Post your post-workshop blog on the Silicon Halton site, categorized under “past events” and “blogs”
What you do
- Design workshop topic, format and agenda
- Prepare all handout materials
- Setup an attendee registration site (e.g. Eventbrite)
- Manage all communications with attendees and potential attendees
- Arrange and manage any presenters
- Establish the attendee rate, if any
- Carry all costs associated with the workshop
- Find a venue and manage its logistics
- Arrange for refreshments, Hors d'oeuvre, and/or meals
If you need help with any of the above, I’m sure we can help you, or find someone in the community that can.
Your time is money. However, if you want to deliver the workshop for free, that’s your call. For paid workshops, we have a revenue sharing model that heavily favours you.
Your mileage may vary
As of mid-2013 we’re still test-driving this format for the workshop program. You’re an early adopter. Bear with us as we work out the kinks and fine tune the program so everyone benefits. In the end we’ll have a fresh approach which is member-driven, member-focused.
© Silicon Halton