The Software Peer2Peer is starting up again!
This is an opportunity for software developers who live and/or work in Halton Region to meet and discuss aspects of software development.
Topics will include various programming languages and platforms, software architecture and design, DevOps and infrastructure concepts, and career development.
Monday April 24, 2017 Please note the date change! We are meeting April 24th instead of March 20th.
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Halton Hive - 901 Guelph Line, Burlington
List of Possible Future Topics:
Frameworks and Utilities
- Angular 2 and Typescript. AngularJS has gained large popularity for HTML5 application development; version 2.x brings significant changes to the framework.
- Unit Testing and Test Driven Development. Discuss unit test coverage, incorporating TDD on new projects, and how to include unit tests on existing software.
- Software Lifecycle: Waterfall and Agile. What are the benefits and issues using a traditional Waterfall approach to software development, and what are the differences when using an agile approach?
- Software Architecture. Favourite design patterns for building software applications.
Career and Team Building
- Interviewing for a Software Developer Position. As an interviewer, what are the things that you can do to find the right candidate for your software team? As an interviewee, how can you find out if the company and position are the right fit?
- Agile Methodologies for Software Development Teams. Discuss agile approaches to software team organization, including Kanban and Scrum.
Technologies and Platforms
- Android Mobile Development. Discussion on how to get started with Native development on the Android platform.
- iOS Mobile Development. Discussion on how to get started with Native development on Apple iOS devices.
- Raspberry PI Projects. What projects have you done with your Raspbeeri PI? What might you be able to do with a Raspberry PI, personally and/or professionally?
- Cloud Deployments, AWS and Azure. Very high level discussion on AWS and Azure platforms, and Infrastructure as a Service vs Platform as a Service.
- Game Development in Unity. Introduction to Unity, a popular engine for developing games across multiple platforms.
Feel free to suggest some options via the linked in discussion group!