If you are a recent Engineering grad interested in building a sales career with avenues for growth and an opportunity to work with a growing edutech company, then this role is one that you should seriously consider.
Consider this: every piece of technical equipment found in your school’s engineering laboratories, someone had to sell to them. That is this role.
Salary from $35,000 to $40,000 (per annum), depending on your level of experience, and a bonus structure based on incremental sales leading to base salary + commission within six-months.
Those who enjoy this opportunity have the following personality, experience and education:
- Sales - Must enjoy sales and landing new business
- Make New Friends - Must be client focused and have excellent listening skills and relationship building abilities. I.e. is it easy for you to make friends?
- Research - You’re a resourceful researcher who can research accounts prior to first-contact. You enjoy making introductory calls
- Persistent - You have strong analytical and organizational skills as well as the persistence to nurture long buying cycles.
- Listening - Ability to identify the client's needs and use a consultative and solution based sales approach to close the deal
- What box? - Ability to think outside the box like an entrepreneur to garner new business, and grow existing clients
- Education - University degree or College diploma in the Engineering / Technology / Science field is ideal
As an Technical Sales professional you will be selling technical products to technical staff at Canadian Colleges and Universities. You will be guiding them in selecting and purchasing the right lab equipment, while supported by our team to further grow the company brand.
- Primary responsibility is to prospect, engage and manage warm leads, develop and maintain sales opportunities and a sales pipeline
- Conducting customer needs assessments
- Generating quotes and responding to tenders
- Lastly, and importantly, closing deals!
We are a fast-growing edutech entrepreneurial company distributing science and engineering training systems to the education market. We launched in 2008 and are already a recognized leader, value-add distributor and partner for the world’s leading manufacturers of undergraduate laboratory equipment with customers from coast to coast in Canada.
Our industry is essentially a recession-proof industry.
Based in Oakville, they are a highly supportive company, with in-house resources and support from their partners, the laboratory equipment manufacturers. Our international suppliers represent the best in class for laboratory equipment.
Quite simply, our goal is to become the best value company focusing on science and technology education.
Let Get to Work
Mention you found this opportunity on the Silicon Halton jobboard!