Our business continues to grow and we are adding our first QA person. You will take the reins and introduce QA best practices, new processes and workflow, and new tools. You will bring technical background, preferable as a software developer and you will establish a QA environment where QA can scale. You will become the driving force behind quality assurance.
The ideal candidate will have a programming background and has chosen to take Quality Assurance as their desired career path.
We like our Development both Rare and Well Done.
We are a custom software development company specializing in in mobile and web based product development. They use open source development tools to build scalable solutions. They're 5+ years old growing firm with almost 20 people: software engineers, business analysts/project managers, and creative talent delivering some really cool stuff. We own most projects entirely, sometimes we're an extension of the client. 50%+ of our products can be found in an app store or publicly on-line, 25% mobile.
- Flex-hours outside core hours 10-04
- Flexible working location when required
- Located in trendy ol’downtown area right beside a terrific coffee shop. Lots of eateries, specialty food shops and outdoor patios within a stone’s throw
- Walking distance to the GO station on Lakeshore West line which runs every 30 minutes
- We use Slack and other video conferencing tools to collaborate remotely alongside many other modern tools
- We have amazing clients who are fun to work with and appreciate our value to them
- We are the sole technology provider for several clients where we have been able to earn their trust and respect
- A breadth of experience exposure across several personalities, client types, projects, and industries
- Casual, yet professional environment
Not actors, actual staff, actual office
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely QA estimates, author test cases and plans, prioritize, coordinate and perform testing activities for multiple simultaneous projects
- Ensure all user stories have adequate detail in the acceptance criteria as input to test case development
- Design, develop and execute automated regression scripts using open source tools
- Ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved
- Articulate QA criteria to the third-party on-shore QA company. Coordinate QA work packages and manage resulting issues identified by them
- Reproduce issues reported by clients
Experience & Background
- You have past QA experience in software companies vs. banks or insurance companies
- 5 years experience performing QA within software companies and strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience with creating test cases & plan, manual and automated regression testing, and load testing
- Experience with web automated regression tools such as Ghost Inspector
- Experience with load testing tools such as Siege
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
Nice to haves
- Technical know-how or experience coding
- JIRA, Ruby, Rails, iOS, SWIFT, HTML5 / CSS3, Bootstrap, MySQL
DevBBQ has exclusively engaged SearchVelocity to conduct this search on their behalf. We help tech companies like our client identify and hire the right person, like you, efficiently. Our specialty is complex assignments: roles requiring multiple technologies, skills and/or business vertical knowledge.
Keywords: Halton, Oakville, Milton, Burlington, Hamilton, Mississauga, Geogetown, QA