We are looking for a full-time Intermediate PHP Developer to join a small team of two developers, building marketing communication solutions for animal health, agriculture and agri-food businesses. This is a growth role to expand the capacity of MacGregor Marketing Communications Inc. (MMCI).
This new role is an opportunity to help establish development standards and procedures to help grow the capabilities of the company, and equally an opportunity to play a role in many functions in the overall development process, something that cannot be offered by larger shops. You will be building new solutions utilizing the custom CMS that MMCI has developed, while extending its features and functionality.
You will have a high degree of autonomy, work independently, but be responsible for your deliverables.
Learn more about us at http://macgregor-mci.com
They offer competitive salary, flexible time and summer hours in a casual, yet professional environment.
- Full stack design and construction of marketing communication solutions utilizing a custom CMS
- Ensures each build is responsive and functions correctly on various form factors (mobile, tablet, and desktop devices) and browsers
- Deploying and maintaining custom solutions in a hosted environment
- Investigating and resolving Customer issues
- Participating in code reviews and assists other team members
- Project Management skills - able to perform all aspects of software development life cycle, including requirements, development, quality assurance, and documentation
- Experience working in SDLC and Agile environments
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Proficient in a MAC environment
- Understanding of UI/UX design standards, best practices and Accessibility regulations
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues
- Experience in building data driven website applications and knowledge of relational databases
- Extreme attention to detail
- MySQL, creating SQL queries and database administration
- Experience with cPanels. Creating new cPanel instances for new sites. Installing plugins, components and extensions. Setting up domains, load files, setup database, setup email, setup security/users/permissions, performing site backups, monitor logs, load CMS application files
- MAC OS X and Linux OS
- Good working knowledge DNS
- Experience with API integration, for example: merchant and social media platform APIs
- Experience with Github or other source control systems
- You have the ability to work in a cross-functional team organization
- You have strong communication and problem solving skills
Additionally Preferred Qualifications
- Computer Sciences related degree or diploma
- Experience deploying and configuring Slack and JIRA
- Experience with PHP frameworks Codeignitor, Laravel or PHP Cake
- Learning Management System (LMS) experience
- Experience building Wordpress or Joomla sites and integrating 3rd party components