The Supply Chain Specialist supports the department by conducting analysis to ensure scheduled incoming shipments meet expected timelines, and to work proactively to eliminate roadblocks.
The Supply Chain Specialist works closely with Avnan’s existing supplier base to ensure that purchase orders to suppliers are entered and fulfilled to customers’ requirements. The Supply Specialist will monitor inventory levels and place orders accordingly in order to maintain required stocking levels. The Supply Chain Specialist will interact with freight companies to ensure that shipments arrive on time, communicating that information internally to Customer Service and Shipping departments.
Headquartered in Canada for over 20 years, Avnan provides concierge level custom electronic sourcing solutions to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. We work on a wide assortment of customized electronic and electromechanical assemblies in a variety of industries, including consumer appliances, and we specialize at finding creative ways to reduce supply chain complexity. Avnan is proud to be included in Profit 500’s list of Fastest Growing Companies in Canada. Our growth has averaged 25% per year; a trend that is expected to continue. Our team of professionals in Sales, Engineering and Supply Chain and Logistics collaborate in a positive, transparent atmosphere that emphasizes growth and continuous improvement.
The Opportunity in Joining Avnan Team
Supply Chain Analysis - Analyze incoming shipment schedules to ensure that they meet required timelines, and foresee future roadblocks. Complete job modifications in Epicor to ensure that the system is updated and accurate.
- Monitor consigned inventory
- Assist in identifying and resolving inventory discrepancies, participate in cycle counts
- Monitor stock status of Supplier Managed Inventory (SMI) customers to ensure sufficient stock is available
- Update subcontract PO and perform all job modifications as a result of SO, PO, ECR and other changes
- Analyze Time Phase Material Requirements and Subcontract PO Suggestion reports for exceptions that may impact delivery schedules
- Review Job and Part Entry methods of manufacturing to ensure accuracy
- Help to create and test new part set ups
Purchase Order Entry, Shipment Tracking and Monitoring - Issue POs to suppliers in a timely manner to support the order-to-shipment process. Maintain expected incoming shipment schedules by coordinating with staff in China, suppliers, and booking agents; advise Customer Service of any unavoidable delays.
- Monitor, track and follow up on all ocean, air and expedited shipments and communicate relevant information to Customer Service
- Coordinate booking confirmations from Suppliers with Agents
- Obtain air freight rates and relay information to Customer Service Department
- Liaise with agents and customs brokers to ensure timely clearance and delivery of air freight
- Send out OBL to agent before shipment arrives at destination
- Create weekly incoming shipment schedule and distribute internally
- Create, revise and send supplier purchase orders ; Revise POs in ECR and price change scenarios
- Issue debit notes to suppliers for consigned shipments/RMA and enter A/P in Epicor
- Review and enter Ocean/Air Freight and brokerage invoices into Epicor
- Work with suppliers to resolve payment issues such as: handling charges, minimum order quantity (MOQ) issues
- Obtain Proof Of Delivery once shipments are delivered and advise Customer Service accordingly
- Work with Forwarders’ warehouse(s) to resolve discrepancies in quantity, defects or damaged goods
- Monitor new PO suggestions and evaluate to determine whether to place orders and revise PO’s
- Issue component POs to Suppliers
- Update packaging and MOQ information in Epicor
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Supply Chain or Logistics
- >5 years’ air/ocean/logistics experience in a freight forwarding industry
- >4 years’ of experience executing supply chain using an ERP system (Epicor is preferred)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Customs knowledge
- Mandarin speaking is an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Analysis - can analyze large amounts of data, and quickly synthesize results
- Planning / Organization / Prioritization / Time Management - able to plan and coordinate shipments while balancing time and priorities effectively
- Inquiry - Takes a project further if something doesn’t seem right; asks questions and seeks to find the solution
- Judgement / Decision Making - Can easily gather and weigh the facts and make a justified decision; is willing to make and own a call (Air vs Ocean)
- Proactive / Assertive / Initiative - takes full ownership over assigned tasks. Follows up on issues proactively.
- Independence - Works independently and self-manages to ensure deadlines are met
- Negotiation - Maintains a balanced approach to manage both customer and supplier expectations
- Communication - Written and verbal communication is clear, and easily understood with no ambiguity
- Adaptability - Adapts easily to changing situations