The IT Manager will work closely with key stakeholders, in a leadership role, to determine the IT needs of the company and provide a reliable, trustworthy IT infrastructure. The incumbent will utilize a hands-on approach to manage the IT department’s output, delivering projects and initiatives that support reliable and effective service delivery that aligns with growing business needs. The IT Manager will provide ERP and network level support for business applications, oversee new systems design and development projects and manage internal and external resources.
This position requires an individual with a strong IT background, with experience as a Business Analyst who can understand and analyze business requirements, and create technical solutions that meet business objectives.
Headquartered in Canada for over 20 years, Avnan provides concierge level custom electronic sourcing solutions to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. We work on a wide assortment of customized electronic and electromechanical assemblies in a variety of industries, including consumer appliances, and we specialize at finding creative ways to reduce supply chain complexity. Avnan is proud to be included in Profit 500’s list of Fastest Growing Companies in Canada. Our growth has averaged 25% per year; a trend that is expected to continue. Our team of professionals in Sales, Engineering and Supply Chain and Logistics collaborate in a positive, transparent atmosphere that emphasizes growth and continuous improvement.
The Opportunity in Joining Avnan Team
Business Intelligence and Continuous Improvement - ERP support and maintenance, Report creation
- Report key metrics to Senior Management
- Evaluate and implement improvement initiatives to provide user-friendly interfaces to Epicor
- Maintain and troubleshoot Epicor ERP to ensure consistent, reliable functionality
- Consult with users across organization to understand business objectives and plan efficiency initiatives
- Support users with ERP issues and resolution and provide end-user training and documentation
- Create manage and update SSRS and Crystal reports, automating where appropriate
IT Infrastructure and Systems Support - Provide IT infrastructure support (local and international offices), including network management, cloud and hosting services, hardware and software asset tracking and management and systems support. Identify and implement best practices, showing value to management.
- Manage IT business systems and infrastructure within the organization
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; Prepare proposals for major, complex and long term technical solutions, including cost analysis, time required, and alternative approaches
- Provide network level support for business applications
- Provide software installation and troubleshooting across departments
Resource Management - Manage external service providers and internal staff to meet service level requirements, improve system performance, and enhance security and reliability
- Evaluate, select and manage external service providers and internal staff to meet service level requirements, improve system performances and enhance system security and reliability.
- Utilize internal staff or external providers to Install, maintain and troubleshoot computer hardware, software and network operating system for daily operation
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, management information systems, computer science or a related field of study
- 5-10 years’ cumulative, hands-on, technical experience and knowledge of IT infrastructure, network management, cloud and hosting services
- > 2 years’ working experience as IT Manager or Supervisor
- > 5 years- working experience as Business Analyst
- > 5 years’ ERP System setup, updates and maintenance, Epicor experience is an asset
- > 5 years’ SQL database administration (MS SQL Server), SSRS – Creating, updating and managing reports
- Experience developing Crystal Reports
- Working knowledge of Cisco switch/wireless design and configuration, VM infrastructure design and maintenance, MS Office Suite, VPN IPSec
- Experience in project management
Skills and Abilities
- Business thinking and acumen- thinks like a leader and assesses opportunities with the big picture in mind
- Sense of initiative- proactive, with a bias to action
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills- analyzes problems in-depth to determine root cause
- Hands on approach to management- Successfully interacts at all levels to deliver IT solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication- communicates effectively to technical and non-technical users
- Independence/Confidence/Assertiveness- will take an independent stand when necessary
- Leading edge- constantly benchmarks best practices and strives to be as leading edge as appropriate
- Project management/organization- applies project management strategies when creating and executing IT initiatives