Monday, July 24th at 7pm | Halton Hive - 901 Guelph Line, Burlington
During this talk, we will discuss how you can easily provision and manage a Dev-Test environment with MS Azure, move existing environments into the cloud for testing with relative ease, less complexity and comparatively small cost. All of this will help you meet the needs of your teams faster and manage Dev-Test environments with more visibility and control. Some of the topics covered:
- An introduction to the cloud using Microsoft Azure functionality
- How Azure can accelerate traditional software development and testing
- Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) vs Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- How to quickly provision development and test environments with Azure Dev-Test Labs
- Minimize resource usage and costs with quotas and policies
- Set automated start-ups/shutdowns to minimize costs
- Create Windows and Linux environments with pre-built fully patched VM image templates
Let us know you're coming! RSVP on meetup.com.
Presenter: Arlan Nugara
Arlan Nugara is a software architect and has been a full stack developer for the past 18 years.
He has spent most of his time working with the Microsoft technology stack and applying it to the technology needs of large corporations such as financial institutions, telecommunication and wireless equipment companies. He has a passion for Enterprise-grade Cloud Computing Platform & Services, ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) and DevOps (collaboration, communication and automation of processes between developers and IT Pros) and is always looking for ways to work smarter.
Arlan was awarded a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) in 2017 for his technical community contributions in Azure (Cloud Computing Platform & Services). He blogs at arlanblogs.alvarnet.com and is on Twitter via @ArlanNugara
For more info, please contact the Software Peer2Peer organizer: