Chris and Rick gave a progress overview of the accomplishments since the May meetup, illustrated via the slideshow below.
Rick and Chris introduced Silicon Halton to the Milton Economic Development Advisory Council in May. Below is our debrief immediately following the well received introduction.
- Silicon Halton Member Badge is ready to vote on . Voting ends by end-of-June here
- Chris Herbert outlined our progress on the Silicon Halton Business plan and thanked the volunteer members who are contributing their expertise, passion and personal time on this project.
- Ken Lowe noted a marked increase new members in our LinkedIn SiliconHalton group since our May meetup!
- Rick Stomphorst introduced the first Silicon Halton hi-tech eco system page containing enabling organizations with a footprint in Halton.
- Rick asked for Burlington Location Manager volunteer. Not only did someone step forward for Burlington, another member volunteered as the Oakville Location Manager. More on this next month. If you would like to get involved, to showcase your special talents, ping Rick or Chris.
- Leading into the keynote was two Better know a Halton hi tech company introductions: Bob Minhas of AlphaStarr Technical Solutions INC. and John Sneyd of i3Vision Technologies.
We were exceptionally pleased to have as our keynote Cheryl McKinnon, CMO (Chief Marketing Officer) at Nuxeo and the former Director of Enterprise 2.0 at OpenText. Cheryl presented how Social Media is a leveler, allowing smaller businesses to compete on a level-playing field with signicantly larger competitors. Member Michael Lant with the help of fellow member Ken Lowe captured the event on video here and Michael also created a great synopsis of Cheryl's presentation here. You can find Cheryl on Twitter, on her personal blog post here and her Nuxeo blog there. Cheryl's has provided the slide deck:
1000 WordsTo reiterate, video captured the keynote can be found on Michael Lant's blog. Member pix here,
A special "thank you" Cedar Springs Sportsclub in Burlington for hosting us and supporting the community!