Happy 1st Birthday!
Meetup 12 was a milestone event for Silicon Halton. The meetup on October 19 meetup represented our first birthday!
Past, Present, and Future
Rick and Chris began by reviewing the genesis of Silicon Halton and provided highlights of successes and significant accomplishments (i.e. Top cool things) of the first 12 months. There really is too many items to list (you can browse through Past Events to reach month-by-month accomplishments. When considering the Silicon Halton mission that Rick & Chris envisioned, what sticks out is:
- Met with many key influencers in the community and introduced them to Silicon Halton
- Personally met with all the local Economic Dev officers (exception of Halton Hills) and they've been out to our events
- Addition of other key believers to SH team
- Launched SiliconHalton.com web site
- Created membership badge
By the numbers
- 300+ number of people who have attended a Silicon Halton meetups.
- 200+ number of members on the private Silicon Halton LinkedIn group.
- 340+ Twitter followers of @SiliconHalton
- 25, @SiliconHalton is included in 25 Twitter lists
- SiliconHalton.com has 50+ posts and received 1400 page views. The site went live at Meetup 5 in March 2010, therefore these stats represent the first 7 months.
Rick and Chris provided an update on the Biz plan and annouced it will be published on our web site in the near future so as members can provide comments and help shape the future. (coming soon to the SiliconHalton.com sites)
The Event Schedule
Member Reema Duggal of The Sitaran Group unveiled our event schedule for the next 12 months. From our humble beginnings, the 12-month event schedule is a huge accomplishment. Reema has developed four major themes for the subiquent 12 months:
- Business / Professional Growth
- Business Optimization
- Innovation / Commercialization
- Networking / Building Business Relationships
Details of each theme can be found in the slidedeck further below.
Call to action
To achieve the goals of the next twelve months, we need you. Importantly and significantly, Silicon Halton is a platform for it's members to showcase their talents, skills, and professional strengths. This is your stage to showcase you. Some examples of our basic needs:
- Location Manager for Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills
- Financial person
- Community Manager
- Virtual Properties Lead
- ... and significantly, Events people:
- We need four committees based on themes
- This is not a lifelong commitment, but it is a commitment for one year for the events you take on
Or, what would you like to do? It doesn't have to be on this list. We're extremely opportunistic. Tell us.
Thanks to Philthy McNasty’s in Oakville, for donating their unique facilities to us.
Thanks to Inovex team for always providing the projector and screen