Tue Jun 27, 2017 | 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm (NOTE: early start time) | The Whisky Lounge, O’Finns Irish Temper, Oakville.
Starting a business is tough! But, once you’ve tackled that major challenge what does it take to make it grow year over year? Are there ways you should structure your company so it’s best suited to grow? Are there things you should avoid?
Entrepreneurs and CEOs of companies are faced with many challenges and risks as they drive along the highway of business growth. While they plot their journey many questions arise and key decisions need to be made. Hard and potentially expensive decisions.
- How should you the capitalize growth? Should you go it alone, bring on investors?
- How should you grow? Develop new markets, sell new products and services in existing markets? Both?
- How can you best valuate your company so you know where you are and where you need to be?
- Where do you invest money in growing your company? R&D or Sales and Marketing… both? What’s missing?
These are some of the questions we will help answer during our newest installment of our “growth series” of meetups brought to you in part by SB Partners. This meetup will feature presentations from John Chisholm, Greg Clark from SB Partners and Chris Herbert, cofounder of Silicon Halton. Following the presentations will be a panel discussion
Real World Case Studies
This meetup will feature actual case studies of growth successes and failures including:
- The story of how SB Partners started and how they’ve evolved and structured themselves to grow. Get ideas on how you can structure your business to grow using some of the things they implemented.
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Stories and insights from growth success and failures.
- Insights from Chris Herbert’s interview with Jon Ferrara. Jon was the cofounder of Goldmine software which he sold in 1999 for $83M U.S. Jon cofounded Social CRM provider Nimble in 2008 and is the CEO.
Finally, we will share new findings that disprove that the lack of capital is the primary reason why Canadian companies cannot scale. We will share the three critical issues Canadian companies need to address in order to fuel late stage growth.
Who Should Attend?
- This meetup is designed, primarily, for CEOs and Entrepreneurs of growth oriented technology companies with 10 to 100 employees and members of their teams.
- It’s open to all CEOs and business leaders who want to assess whether their company is structured for growth.
- For entrepreneurs that have audacious goals of growing 10 times in revenue/value within 5 years
Presentation and Supportive Docs
John Chisholm, Partner & CEO - SB Partners
As Partner and CEO of the firm, John is grateful for the opportunity to lead his team. John loves the challenge leadership brings, as well as the opportunity to connect with the community. He tries to keep abreast of emerging issues that affect his clients and their businesses. His main focus is making sure SB Partners put the best possible team on the field every day to help their clients succeed.
Learn more about John >
Greg Clarke, Partner - SB Partners
As a professional and trusted advisor, Greg's role is to provide clients with information, options and practical solutions so they can make informed decisions. Solutions need to add value to a business while allowing the flexibility to adapt to an ever-changing business environment.
Learn more about Greg >
Chris Herbert (Moderator)
Chris is an entrepreneur. His ventures include: Mi6 Agency, Silicon Halton and TechIgniters. He’s an author, former squash professional, a top CMO on Twitter and a finalist in Cisco’s Global Innovation Contest. He loves to blog about technology, sales and marketing.
LinkedIn | Twitter >
Join in the Conversation
The Whiskey Lounge, O'Finn's Irish Temper
136 Church St, Oakville, ON L6J 1M9