I recently was made aware of the presentation made by John Davidson, Director of Economic Development for the Region of Halton. As a small business owner (Silicon Halton and Mi6 Agency) the decisions and investments being made by government organizations, public servants and elected officials can affect me, my businesses and the people and organizations I work with every day. This applies to all members of Silicon Halton.
This presentation is of particular importance for a few reasons:
- A study was recently done, by MDB Insight, that identified key issues facing small and mid-sized businesses in Halton with respect to growth
- The Region is proposing taking a leadership role in helping companies scale up, export and globalize
- It’s being proposed that the Region and key support services along with Haltech co-locate physically
I encourage members to watch the presentation below and if you have any thoughts, questions or comments that you share them via the following options:
- Via this discussion post in Silicon Halton’s LinkedIn group
- Leaving a comment below or on Twitter using the hashtag #SiliconHalton
- Reaching out to me personally via my Linkedin profile and send me a message (you may need to connect with me first; if you do mention in your connection request this blog post)
NOTE: Any views and opinions associated to this post are not necessarily shared by my cofounders of Silicon Halton nor our 1300 members.
Chris Herbert is the founder of Mi6 Agency. Mi6 is a B2B (Business to Business) marketing and business development agency dedicated to helping technology companies build their brands and develop commercial relationships. He is the founder of ProductCamp Toronto and the Hi-tech community Silicon Halton. He tweets under the handle @B2Bspecialist.
- Created on .